Legal Training and Extensive Experience Practicing Law
Edward Honnold, J.D., LICSW, has excellent academic training and extensive experience practicing law in the private, non-profit, and governmental sectors in Washington, D.C., to qualify him for work with other lawyers on career transition.
- Professional Experience: Lawyer, consultant, and psychotherapist Edward Honnold, J.D., LICSW, has been in professional practice for over 30 years.
- Yale Law School: Ed attended the Yale Law School, graduating in 1978. He was an Editor of the Yale Law Journal and Articles Editor of the Yale Journal of World Public Order.
- U.S. Court of Appeals: Ed clerked for Judge Malcolm R.Wilkey on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
- Extensive Writing: Before attending law school, Ed served as a freelance writer for journals and newspapers, including the Christian Science Monitor, writing from many countries of Africa and Latin America.
- Public Interest: Ed also worked for a public interest organization in Washington, D.C., lobbying Congress on public policy initiatives.
- Private Law Practice: For four years, Ed practiced law in Washington, D.C. with the law firm of Wald, Harkrader & Ross. He litigated commercial cases, specializing in international claims settlement and issues of U.S. foreign assistance.
- U.S. Congress: Ed left private practice to pursue legislative work, serving for five years as Legislative Director to U.S. Congressman John M. Spratt (SC), managing the Congressman’s legislative staff and assisting his work on the Armed Services and Government Operations Committees. Congressman Spratt is now Chairman of the House Budget Committee.
- Executive Branch: Ed moved to the Executive Branch, serving for four years as Attorney-Advisor in the Office of the General Counsel, U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), furthering a specialization in foreign affairs and international development.
- Member of the DC Bar: Ed remains a member in good standing of the District of Columbia Bar and is a member of the D.C. Bar’s Law Practice Management Section.
- Law School Career Advisors: Ed Honnold works closely with alumni career advisors of Washington, D.C. area law schools and with other consultants and members of the District of Columbia Bar, other local Bar Associations, and specialty Bars to provide information useful to lawyers making career transitions.